In physics, a wave is a disturbance that travels through space and matter transferring energy from one place to another. When studying waves it’s important to remember that they transfer energy, not matter. Sound and light travel in waves. Sound waves and light waves are similar in some ways – but there are differences too.
Lesson 1 (or “Day 1”) Material
Lesson 2 (or “Day 2”) Material
Lesson 3 (or “Day 3”) Material
Lesson 4 (or “Day 4”) Material
insert videos here …
Compare Contrast and Debate
Background: type the context for debate here …..
- Position A: type position A here ….
- Position B: type position B here ….
Resources Documents and Links
- Write a letter 27 – Waves
- PS27.Bellringer – Intro to Waves.tnsp
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Analyze and interpret data.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Cause and Effect: Mechanisms and explanations.
Electromagnetic radiation when absorbed can be converted to thermal energy, cause damage to living cells, or even cause materials to release electrons therefore being converted into electrical energy. In addition, the use of electromagnetic waves can be used to send information worldwide and has become an integral part of our society.
- Only energy is transferred with the wave, the particles always return to their original position.