Student Selected Topics
This mid-year topic provides students an opportunity to further explore a physical science concept they are interested in. This might require quite a bit of work – but it can also be very interesting.
- Instructor Introduction Topic 28 specific (pdf)
Ways to find an interest area
- Read Physical 28 – Physics topic ideas (link)
- Read Physical 28 – Chemistry topic ideas (link)
- Read Physical 28 – Earth Science topics (link)
Ways to complete the work
- Activity 16 Write an Opinion Essay
- Activity 17 Write a Research Paper
- Activity 18 Craft a Powerful Presentation
- Activity 80 Design a Lab
2:35 Peter Gray – Self-Directed Learning Fundamentals
6:40 Homework in High School: How Much Is Too Much?
7:34 Advice for High School Students – Freshman, Juniors, Seniors Thinking of College
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Ask questions and define problems.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Energy and Matter: Flows, cycles, and conservation.