Climate and Climate Change
Climate is the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period. Climate and weather are not the same thing. Weather is what the forecasters on the TV news predict each day. They tell people about the temperature, cloudiness, humidity, and whether a storm is likely in the next few days. In contrast, climate is the average weather in a place over many years.
Lesson 1 (or “Day 1”) Material
Lesson 2 (or “Day 2”) Material
- Day 2 Instructor Presentation
- Day 2 Student Handout
- Day 2 Rubric
- Read Physical 41 – Climate Defined
- Read Physical 41 – Geologic Temperature Record
- Read Physical 41 – Climate Change
Lesson 3 (or “Day 3”) Material
Lesson 4 (or “Day 4”) Material
4:09 Climate Change 101 with Bill Nye | National Geographic
7:33 Why People Don’t Believe In Climate Science
4:36 Do 97% of Climate Scientists Really Agree?
Compare Contrast and Debate
Background: type the context for debate here …..
- Position A: type position A here ….
- Position B: type position B here ….
Resources Documents and Links
- Write a letter 41 – Climate and Climate Change
- PS41.Bellringer – Atmospheric Circulation.tnsp
- PS41.Bellringer – Oceanic Circulation.tnsp
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Patterns.