The Solar System I
The solar system is made up of the sun and everything that orbits around it. This includes planets, moons, asteroids, comets and meteoroids. Something many adults don’t know is that our solar system is the ONLY solar system. Everything else is called a stellar system or star system. Sometimes we call other star systems a “solar system” … but, really they should be called a star system.
Day 1 – Introduction
- Student Work Packet – topic 44
Day 2 – Virtual Textbook
- Read Physical 44 – Solar System
- Read Physical 44 – Formation of Solar System
- Read Physical 44 – Planetary System
- Write a letter 44 – The Solar System
1:43 How big is the Solar System?
Background: type the context for debate here …..
- Position A: type position A here ….
- Position B: type position B here ….
Standard Daily Material
- Day 1 – Standard material – introduction day
- Day 2 – Standard material – reading day
- Day 3 – Standard material – make a presentation
- Day 4 – Standard material – give a presentation
- Extra! – Enrichment and remediation options
Other Topic Specific Resources
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Engage in scientific argument from evidence.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Stability and Change.