The Solar System I
The solar system is made up of the sun and everything that orbits around it. This includes planets, moons, asteroids, comets and meteoroids. Something many adults don’t know is that our solar system is the ONLY solar system. Everything else is called a stellar system or star system. Sometimes we call other star systems a “solar system” … but, really they should be called a star system.
Lesson 1 (or “Day 1”) Material
Lesson 2 (or “Day 2”) Material
- Day 2 Instructor Presentation
- Day 2 Student Handout
- Day 2 Rubric
- Read Physical 44 – Solar System
- Read Physical 44 – Formation of Solar System
- Read Physical 44 – Planetary System
Lesson 3 (or “Day 3”) Material
Lesson 4 (or “Day 4”) Material
insert videos here …
Compare Contrast and Debate
Background: type the context for debate here …..
- Position A: type position A here ….
- Position B: type position B here ….
Resources Documents and Links
- Write a letter 44 – The Solar System I
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Engage in scientific argument from evidence.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Stability and Change.