The Solar System II
The Solar System was formed approximately 4.6 billion years ago and consists of the Sun, planets, dwarf planets and other astronomical objects bound in its orbit. 99.86% of the system’s mass is found in the Sun and the majority of the remaining 0.14% is contained within the solar system’s eight planets. Other objects of note in the Solar System are the dwarf planets (Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake & Eris), moons, asteroids, the asteroid belt, comets and the Kuiper belt
Day 1 – Introduction
- Student Work Packet – Topic 45
Day 2 – Virtual Textbook
- Read Physical 45 – Solar System (adv)
- Read Physical 45 – Molecular Cloud
- Read Physical 45 – Gravitational Collapse
- Write a letter 45 – The Solar System II
insert videos here …
Background: type the context for debate here …..
- Position A: type position A here ….
- Position B: type position B here ….
Standard Daily Material
- Day 1 – Standard material – introduction day
- Day 2 – Standard material – reading day
- Day 3 – Standard material – make a presentation
- Day 4 – Standard material – give a presentation
- Extra! – Enrichment and remediation options
Other Topic Specific Resources
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Construct explanations and design solutions.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Patterns.