The Universe I
The universe is all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.
Day 1 – Introduction
- Student Work Packet – topic 46
Day 2 – Virtual Textbook
- Read Physical 46 – What is a Galaxy?
- Read Physical 46 – Notable Galaxies
- Read Physical 46 – Observable Universe
- Write a letter 46 – The Universe I
11:34 25 Recent Space Discoveries That Blew Our Minds
Compare Contrast and Debate
Standard Daily Material
- Day 1 – Standard material – introduction day
- Day 2 – Standard material – reading day
- Day 3 – Standard material – make a presentation
- Day 4 – Standard material – give a presentation
- Extra! – Enrichment and remediation options
Other Topic Specific Resources
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Develop and use models.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Cause and Effect: Mechanisms and explanations.