The Universe I
The universe is all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.
Lesson 1 (or “Day 1”) Material
Lesson 2 (or “Day 2”) Material
- Day 2 Instructor Presentation
- Day 2 Student Handout
- Day 2 Rubric
- Read Physical 46 – What is a Galaxy?
- Read Physical 46 – Notable Galaxies
- Read Physical 46 – Observable Universe
Lesson 3 (or “Day 3”) Material
Lesson 4 (or “Day 4”) Material
insert videos here …
Compare Contrast and Debate
Background: type the context for debate here …..
- Position A: type position A here ….
- Position B: type position B here ….
Resources Documents and Links
- Write a letter 46 – The Universe I
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Develop and use models.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Cause and Effect: Mechanisms and explanations.