Protists evolved from prokaryotes, eventually giving rise to the entire line of eukaryotes that exists today. The first protists originated around 1.7 billion years ago from simple societies of prokaryotic cells.
Lesson 1 (or “Day 1”) Material
Lesson 2 (or “Day 2”) Material
- Day 2 Instructor Presentation
- Day 2 Student Handout
- Day 2 Rubric
- Read Biology 25 – Protist
- Read Biology 25 – Protozoa
- Read Biology Textbook – pages 536-554
Lesson 3 (or “Day 3”) Material
Lesson 4 (or “Day 4”) Material
4:11 Protists | Biology
2:58 Protista: The Ancestor Of All Plants And Animals
Compare Contrast and Debate
Kickoff Debate Background: xx
- Position A: Honeycutt Science should x
- Position B: Honeycutt Science should x
Resources Documents and Links
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Engage in scientific argument from evidence.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Stability and Change.