Biology has always been the study of life, but our knowledge of living things and our use of technology to study them is always change. Earth is home to an incredible diversity of life – where all organisms share certain characteristics. Our biology topics have introduced and emphasized the unifying themes of biology:
- All levels of life have systems of related parts.
- Structure and function are related in biology.
- Organisms must maintain homeostasis to survive in diverse environments.
- Evolution explains the unity and diversity of life.
The first set of topics summarized the big picture of biology and its relationships to other natural sciences. We covered important concepts such as the cell cycle, classifications of living things, and an introduction to the theory of evolution and natural selection. A few classes cover and emphasize selected 21st Century skills and various lab techniques. Remaining topics provided additional coverage of evolution and animals, the use and application of scientific models, lab dissection. You took a cursory look at specialized fields of biology such as ecology, physiology, and cytology.
You covered a lot of material. Much of this was presented within the context of 21st Century skills and general scientific inquiry. Good work!
Day 1 – Introduction
- Student Work Packet – Topic xx
Day 2 – Virtual Textbook
Student Checklist for Personal Review
- Biology 49 End-of-Year Review Document
Resources Documents and Links
- Scan virtual online biology textbook
- Biology 49 – 15 human biology basics
- Biology 49 – What every biology student should know
- Biology 49 – 100 important things to know
- Biology Textbook – review pages 2-27
- LS49 Levels of organization (tns)
Special Notes and Notices
Instructors and parents: Honeycutt Science does not provide exam or final exam material.