Scientific Method (Steps)
Practice sketching these visual-reminders (flash-cards). Prepare yourself to recreate each of these images from memory. When tests permit, draw these on the scratch paper provided before even starting with the first question!
- Explain what we observe in nature
- Provide strong evidence
- Help make predictions
- Do NOT need to explain what we observe in nature
- Summarize many repeated observations
- Similar to theories, laws also help make predictions
NOTE: Scientific Laws are not a “grown-up” version of a theory. In other words, a scientific theory does not eventually turn into a law.
Links and Document Repository
- Tips for teaching students with autism spectrum disorders