Mid-Year Summative Review
During this first half of the year, students began with a “big picture” of the many facets of Earth science and how it relates to other natural sciences. Students explored maps, models, and how to use and interpret them – followed by an emphasis of Earth’s composition, its chemistry, along with the varieties of minerals and rocks. Multiple topics introduced Earth’s dynamics including the theory of plate tectonics along with the observable realities of earth quakes and other natural phenomena. Last, an outline of weathering, erosion, impacts of rivers, and the importance of wise usage of natural resources was emphasized.
Lesson 1 (or “Day 1”) Material
Lesson 2 (or “Day 2”) Material
- Day 2 Instructor Presentation
- Day 2 Student Handout
- Day 2 Rubric
- Read Earth 29 – Summative assessment
- Read Earth 29 – What everyone should know about Earth sciences
- Read Earth 29 – Top Earth Science Quizzes & Tests
Lesson 3 (or “Day 3”) Material
Lesson 4 (or “Day 4”) Material
insert videos here …
Compare Contrast and Debate
Background: type the context for debate here …..
- Position A: type position A here ….
- Position B: type position B here ….
Resources Documents and Links
Special Notes and Notices