Hello good people!
On Monday, July 6… go the the Space page and follow instructions to join the Google Meet. Once you have started the Meet, turn off your microphone. Also, select “Spotlight” – click the three dots, click “change layout” then pick spotlight.
Question? Ask me a question. You can mark it as private or public. I will try to answer the public questions before the next class. Thanks!
From me to you …
Review the cover letter sent to your home – from me to you.
Each week, we will cover a new topic. These virtual learning topics use Google tools:
- Google Classroom
- Google Doc, Sheet, & Slide
- Google Meet
- Student email (personal, gmail, or CASC issued)
Find additional instructions in your email. If you have difficulty connecting or understanding the instructions you may directly contact me – or, contact your advisor. Text me if other ways fail. Make sure to include your name on any text message to me. My phone number has a Dallas/Fort Worth area code – so it may look kind of WEIRD. 972.533.9418.
Live streaming portion of each topic occurs each Monday and Wednesday. Participate through Google Meet. Connect with me and other students for 30 minutes. You may connect at the time most convenient for you. I will cover the same material four times in a row on each class-day. You only need to participate in one of the 30 minute sessions.
As an example, for the first week (Maps) you might want to participate in the 10:00-10:30 session on Monday. Then, you might decide to participate 9:00-9:30 on Wednesday.
If you need additional help … more than is provided in the 30-minute virtual meetings … I’ll be glad to help. We can arrange a time that is available for both of us, if needed. Or, we can exchange emails.
Related Science Topics
Topics listed here ARE NOT part of the Upward Bound Summer 2020 program. However, some students might enjoy exploring more about Earth – or, about other related science topics.
Selected Physical Science Topics
- Earth 17 Minerals of the Earth’s Crust
- Earth 18 Rocks and Rock Types
- Earth 19 Resources and Energy
- Earth 21 The Rock Record
- Earth 22 Earth’s Past
- Earth 23 Plate Tectonics and Today’s Earth
- Earth 24 Deformation of the Crust
- Earth 25 Earthquakes Volcanoes & Tsunamis
- Earth 26 Weathering Erosion & Rivers
- Earth 27 Agricultural Resources
- Earth 28 Hydrocarbons and Energy
- Earth 31 Wind & Waves!
- Earth 33 Erosion, Weather & Climate
- Earth 34 The Life of a River
- Earth 37 Ocean Basins
- Earth 41 Climate Change
- Earth 43 Deep Space
- Physical 38 Using Natural Resources I
- Physical 39 Using Natural Resources II
- Physical 41 Climate and Climate Change
- Physical 42 Planet Earth I
- Physical 43 Planet Earth II
- Physical 44 The Solar System I
- Physical 45 The Solar System II
- Physical 46 The Universe I
- Chemistry 14 The Elements
- Chemistry 15 Using the Periodic Table
- Chemistry 27 Energy Temperature and Heat
- Chemistry 28 Using Energy in the Real World