High School biology 1 draws from life science concepts developed in lower grades with particular emphasis in cells.
The 2021 summer program began June 6. Two separate 2-week sessions took place with about 50 total students each session – or, 100 total students, combined. Students were approximately evenly divided between the three science subjects offered. In addition to science, students participated in other core high school subjects (math and English language arts).
Module 1 – What is Biology?
Module 2 – Prokaryotic & Eukaryotic Cells
Module 3 – Cells & Organelles
Module 4 – Botany (Plants)
Module 5 – Zoology (Animals)
Module 6 – Cell Division
Module 7 – Lab Activity: Using a Light Microscope
Module 8 – Class Wrap Up
Related and Interesting web links
Lesson 05 Human Body Organ Systems
Lesson 05 How do Germ Cells make a Single DNA copy?
Related biology lessons on this site
- Biology 11 What is Biology?
- Biology 14 Cell Organization
- Biology 15 Plant Cells
- Biology 16 Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells
- Biology 17 Mitosis and Cytokinesis
- Biology 18 DNA and Heredity
- Biology 19 Genes Genetics and Chromosomes
- Biology 21 Organization of Living Things I
- Biology 22 Organization of Living Things II
- Biology 23 Interdependence of Living Things
- Biology 25 Protist Evolution
- Biology 28 Use of a Light Microscope Lab
- Biology 32 Animal Characteristics
- Biology 33 Animal Behaviors
- Biology 41 Fields in the Life Sciences
- Biology 42 Physiology
- Biology 43 Ecology
- Biology 44 Deep Dive – the Cell
- Biology 48 Organisms and Living Systems
More about these lessons and site
#CarlAlbertStateCollege #CASC #UBMS #biology #summer2021 #honeycutt
2021 UBMS: John A. Honeycutt, Instructor