In biology, students discover there is a great deal of interdependence between plants and animals. Inter- means “between,” so interdependence is dependence between things. Scientists often use interdependence to describe complex systems.
Lesson 1 (or “Day 1”) Material
Lesson 2 (or “Day 2”) Material
- Day 2 Instructor Presentation
- Day 2 Student Handout
- Day 2 Rubric
- Read Biology 23 – Interdependence intro
- Read Biology 23 – Interdependence advanced
- Read Biology Textbook – pages 384-395
Lesson 3 (or “Day 3”) Material
Lesson 4 (or “Day 4”) Material
3:52 Teaching About Interdependence
5:10 Food Chains ,Food Webs,Energy Pyramid in Ecosystems-Video for Kids
3:02 Food Chain and Food Web Lesson | Know Food Chain
Compare Contrast and Debate
Kickoff Debate Background: xx
- Position A: Honeycutt Science should x
- Position B: Honeycutt Science should x
Resources Documents and Links
- Write a letter – Interdependence of Living Things (pdf)
- Write a letter – Interdependence of Living Things OK standards (pdf)
- Launch cK12 – Interdependence of Living Things (pdf)
- Distribute LS23 – Aquatic Food Webs.tns
- Distribute LS23 – Bellringer Cycling of Matter and Energy.tnsp
- Distribute LS23 – Predator Prey Relationships.tnsp
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Use mathematical and computational thinking.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Energy and Matter: Flows, cycles, and conservation.
Emphasize HS-LS2-5 Develop a model to illustrate the role of photosynthesis and cellular respiration in the cycling of carbon among the biosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere, and geosphere.