Dissection Analysis (Data Analysis)
Analysis is a fundamental step in the scientific method. Through controlled observations and measurements, scientist to test are able to test a hypotheses.
Results of an analysis may support the hypothesis (where the data suggests the hypothesis to be true). Or, results of that analysis may refute or reject the hypothesis (where data suggests the hypothesis to be not true).
Day 1 – Introduction
- Student Work Packet – Topic 39
3:14 3 Weird Frog Discoveries!
Standard Daily Material
- Day 1 – Standard material – introduction day
- Day 2 – Standard material – reading day
- Day 3 – Standard material – make a presentation
- Day 4 – Standard material – give a presentation
- Extra! – Enrichment and remediation options
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Scale, Proportion, and Quantity.