Oceanography, or marine science, is the interdisciplinary study of the sea. Oceanographers may study currents, storms or waves. Oceanographers may use sophisticated technology to map the ocean floor or evaluate whether movement of subsea tectonic plates might cause rifting and tsunami waves. Oceanographers are frequently biologists who seek to understand and protect marine ecosystems.
Lesson 1 (or “Day 1”) Material
Lesson 2 (or “Day 2”) Material
- Day 2 Instructor Presentation
- Day 2 Student Handout
- Day 2 Rubric
- Read Earth 37 – Oceanic basin
- Read Earth 37 – Ocean basin
- Read Earth 37 – Deep-sea trench
Lesson 3 (or “Day 3”) Material
Lesson 4 (or “Day 4”) Material
Compare Contrast and Debate
Background: type the context for debate here …..
- Position A: type position A here ….
- Position B: type position B here ….
Resources Documents and Links
Special Notes and Notices
- Science & Engineering Practice: Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information.
- Cross-Cutting Concept: Structure and Function.